Reiki for Spiritual & Physical Wellness
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki comes from Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is “spiritually guided life force energy. “A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery. An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an “attunement” given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of “life force energy” to improve one’s health and enhance the quality of life.
Its use is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds. While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not.
If you observe an Energy Healing session, it might not seem like anything is happening. But when you experience it, you will know different. While the effects vary from individual to individual, most people experience deep relaxation and you may even fall asleep. The sensation felt by a recipient is usually a deep feeling of warmth or cool and comfort. Others feel a mild tingle, throbbing or pulsing sensation. Some experience a sensation of “floating” or of feeling very light. Some people don’t feel any physical sensation but describe mental or emotional changes, such as a sense of calmness or peacefulness. Nearly everyone experiences Energy Healing as deeply relaxing. Results are sometimes very subtle and gentle. Some say they feel little during the session, but afterwards enjoy a sense of calmness and well-being, and a deep restful sleep. It is possible to experience powerful sensations or emotions during and/or after a session. The practitioner will want to know about all of your experiences/sensations to the degree that you are comfortable sharing them. A session creates a wonderful, glowing radiance that is deeply relaxing and includes many “healing” effects for both the client and practitioner, including physical, emotional, mental or spiritual.
Reiki works on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels ad overall wellness of us.
Physical Benefits of Reiki
- Reiki works on all chronic and acute illnesses, including serious problems like heart disease and cancer as well as skin problems, flu, fatigue, headaches, and back pain.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps in relieving pain.
- Aids in healing every known physical and mental illness.
- Works on the symptoms and their deeper cause.
- Relieves stress and increases relaxation.
- Balances and harmonizes the function of glands and organs. Clears energy blockages and suppressed emotions.
- Balances the chakras.
- Works well with traditional medicine and improves its results.
- Provides limitless benefits of spiritual growth and increases intuition.
- The benefits of Reiki are not limited to healing! Reiki can be used on situations, to achieve goals, to overcome obstacles, its uses are endless!
Mental Benefits of Reiki
- Your mind becomes calmer.
- Improved memory.
- Enhanced creativity.
- Help contacting the ‘healer within’ and relief from emotional upset, anxiety and depression.
- Restful sleep
- You think clearer and you can ‘see’ clearer.
- Increased self-confidence. You will be able to answer your own questions knowing that you have the answers.
- Enhanced personal awareness.
Emotional Benefits of Reiki
- Deep relaxation, the mind calms and becomes less erratic.
- Eases depression, insomnia, lack of confidence, addiction and fear-based illnesses.
- Increased intuition, and creativity.
- Increased intuition and creativity leads to a more purposeful direction in life.
- Feel more connected and in tune with others and the universe.
Once we learn Reiki we try to live by these five Reiki principles Which in effect works in the balance of overall wellbeing.
Just for today, I will not be angry.
Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will be grateful.
Just for today, I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.
Trying to live by these principles helps us to be spiritually connected to the soul path.
When the time is right Reiki will come to your path.
*****************************************Tags: healing, Reiki, Therapies